The Department for Education (DfE) introduced a Pupil Premium funding for eligible children in April 2015. This is an exciting initiative for children whose parents/carers meet one of the following criteria:
Economic – The family are in receipt of one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190.00
- Working Tax Credit Run-on (this is paid for 4 weeks after they stop qualifying for Working tax Credit)
- Children who have left the care of a local authority as a result of an adoption order in England or Wales
- Children who have left the care of a local authority as a result of a special guardianship order in England or Wales
- Children who have left the care of a local authority as a result of a child arrangements order in England or Wales
- Children who have been looked after by a local authority for 1 day or more in England or Wales
This initiative has the potential to make a big difference to the attainment of children. Providers will receive additional funding to ensure that children are ready to succeed at school, make excellent progress and are equipped well for achievement in life, no matter what their background.
If you think you may be entitled to claim for this funding for you please complete one of the letters or call into the office to collect one. Don’t miss out on this opportunity. This information will be kept confidential.